Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Candle on the Water

Home was amazing. I loved every minute of it! I have the greatest people in my life, no questions asked. I am grateful for them everyday. My mom does so much for our family, and is hilarous, and she made Christmas Break perfect. Hopefully one day, I can be a great Mom and friend like her! =)

So Hawaii is great. Even though, as usual, I miss home and all of the people there, I am a pretty lucky person to be living on a beautiful island where I can go and do amazing things every week!

This past week we went and hiked to a lookout point that overlooks a light house.



This is taken at a near by beach, if you look at the mountain you can see the light house on the left hand side of it pokin out, thats wher we hiked too. It was really cool.

Not only did we just see a beautiful light house, but we got to see humpback whales breaching and jumping. It was amazing.




Our MLK day was definitely different than any MLK day I have had before.

MLK said the following,
"Faith is willing to take the first step, even when you cant see the whole staircase"

What a true statement. More often than not, I don't see my whole staircase. I have a hard ime grasping the bigger picture a lot of times. While that is true for me, I do KNOW that it all fits together somehow. I might not know why things happen, why certain decisions are made, why specic actions take place, but I do know there is a bigger staircase in the picture, we just gotta take it one step at a time, having faith, and knowing that each step is making up something grand.

So on a lighter note, haha, Going to that light house reminded me of a movie that I used to watch ALL the time when I was little! Pete's Dragon. This song is awesome, and the movie is better. hahaha Watchin this song and thinkin back on this movie reminded me of how much fun I had when I was little! So challenge this week, Have fun!!! Dont stress about the things you cant change!! And have fun like you did when you were a kid! Best medication there is right there =)




1 comment:

  1. Great quote Kay Kay from MLK about faith being the first step when you can't see the entire staircase. I also liked what you said earlier about patience and taking the road less traveled. Thanks for taking the time to do your blob. Inspiring! Love you K!

    ReplyDelete