Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Back to the Grind

After a great week, here I am back to the grind. I had a great week and it felt unreal.
First- Wednesday I got to go to Phantom of the Opera!! With my friends Lexi, Tasha, Destiny, and Sean. It was soooo fun!!! We had second row seats and could see all of their facial expressions! It was really fun!


Second- Thursday- MY Wonderful cousin Leah came to Hawaii! To visit? nope. To LIVE! she is going to live with me for two months and I am so happy! Its fun having family here and my home feels more like a home! =)

Third- MY AMAZING MOM sent me a package!!! It was filled with Halloween Goodness. I have decided that the beach is great, but getting packages is the absolute BEST!

Fourth- This weekend was filled with beach, kahuku grill, a rainy Sunday where i just snuggled up on my bed and watched Friday night lights and talked and caught up with my fam and other awesome people. =)

So yeah great week and then followed by BAM. Midterm week + homesickness + tennis training central.  Excited to get it over and get to the weekend!

7 Saturdays til I get home!! So ready for that. I miss fall! 2 years without seasons? It can pay a toll on  ya. But I am lucky that I live where I do. =)


So here I am at the end of the day, after classes, studying, practice, and weight training for tennis, I am so tired. But you know whats awesome!? My cousin is in the next room over! My home feels like a home cause I have some family here and its sooo great.  I am so glad she got to come out here for these couple months!!



this is our apartment- decorated for Halloween!!



So I am going to use this post to talk to myself. I was talking earlier, that I was homesick and that I am just in this daily grind, and so many times I just wanna skip over parts of my life and get to the future. I am living a dream right now, and I am so happy, but many times I am impatient, and I want to know things now, and I just want that instantaneous gratification that the world tells us is possible. However, deep down, I know that through patience, my delayed gratification is waiting for me and will be way better.
 President Dieter F. Uchtdorf, an Apostle of the Lord, has said, “Patience—the ability to put our desires on hold for a time—is a precious and rare virtue. We want what we want, and we want it now. Therefore, the very idea of patience may seem unpleasant and, at times, bitter. Nevertheless, without patience, we cannot please God; we cannot become perfect. Indeed, patience is a purifying process that refines understanding, deepens happiness, focuses action, and offers hope for peace.”

With the knowledge of that last sentence, I want to learn to be grateful for opportunities given to me that allow me to exercise patience, even though it seems bitter to me and unpleasant now, I know it can deepen happiness =)





No comments:

Post a Comment