Friday, August 9, 2013

Chasin' Waterfalls

Hiking at Cloudland Canyon was so much fun! Winston did great and was wanting to run in the water, and run all over the large rocks! He is definitely a mountain dog. He LOVES it. We camped out the night before, where I hardly slept because I am terrified of bears after our last camping adventure, where bears were in out campsite! But dont you worry, this time I took correct precautions and put our food in a bear bag 100 feet away from our tent.  We had never been here before and were amazed when we came to the first waterfall. It is in a little nook, and all of the sudden it opens up into this beautiful waterfall that is rushing into a calm pool. There were so many more waterfalls as we kept hiking that we came to, and I was just amazed at its beauty! I am constantly in awe of this beautiful world and the creation that it is! 

Hawaii spoiled me for beauty in nature- It is the prettiest place on the planet, but it is amazing how beautiful the entire world is, there is awe inspiring beauty in every country, state, nook, and cranny. I am so grateful to live in such a beautiful world! 

My thoughts
I think it is so easy to get stuck in a rut, and be blind to the beauty that surrounds us each day. I know whenever I remember to stop and recognize the small things that make my day beautiful, I have better days. It is amazing how much beauty is really in our everyday lives, we do not have to travel far to see the beauty in a child's laughter, or the beauty in a simple act of kindness. We are lucky people- the trick is just remembering that we are! :)

"Let us lay in the sun and count every beautiful thing we can see" 








                         


Peace and Blessings
C&K





No comments:

Post a Comment